In this weeks episode of Dragon’s Den, of which I am an avid viewer! I saw a really sound guy trying to get investment for his business which was already growing. It was coconut oil and supporting products for those of us lazy enough to not make our own.
Deborah meadon made an awesome point totally unrealated to my own but worth a mention… It encompassed not peaking too soon… That’s right, not rush rush rush into mainstream so the consumer can’t see all your flaws and forevermore discount your brand! Sound advise and naturally, do excuse the punn, he took noth Deborah and Nick Jenkin’s to take the world by storm … Eventually.
And I am sure he will, he’s a good and nice guy with great support and most importantly a formidable product and here’s why I think that…
Coconut oil is a superfood which means that it’s properties and natural make up have benefits akin to those currently achieved by medicine. The reason natural remedies is preferable to medicine is simply in it’s nature. Man made substances expose our genetic make up to a new and different environment triggering chain reactions, beneficial for their purpose but can be a cocktail which takes your body down a very bad route upon mutation of cells.
Coconut oil the superfood
Coconut oil contains 3 fatty acids:
- Lauric acid
- Capric acid
- Caprylic acid
What does this mean to us humans and pets?
- Plant based, does not contain cholesterol which is often associated with diabetes, stroke and heart attacks. The medium chain fatty acids are both easy for the body to burn as fuel and have antimicrobial properties.
- Once absorbed, it morphs into monolaurin which is found in breastmilk, known for it’s antiviral, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- It also contains essential vitamins such as E, K and Iron.
Using it in everyday life
- Fight inflamation: inflamation is one of the causes of chronic diseases so regular consumption can support healthy kidneys and liver.
- Boost immunity: anitfungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties boost the immunity by actively fighting viruses, funguses and bacterial on intial contact without allowing them the time or the environment to thrive by it’s very nature.
- Osteoporosis: free radicals are linked to psteoporosis so regular consumption replaces oestrogen deficient fats preventing bone loss and in turn depletion.
- Sleep aid: use as a carrier oil along with lavendar, chamomile and ylang ylang for a greta nights sleep.
- Acne: antibacterial properties provide an unstable environment for bacterial growth often responsible for acne. Removing make up with coconut oil mixed with chamomile and moisturising with coconut oil mixed with rose will help.
- Fat burner: medium chain fats are easy to burn off and so use makes it’s use in the movement of abdominal fat a great success!
- Hormone balancer: hormones are produced by our body to create the best condition for our bodies to work but can also over produce in response to negative influences such as inflamation and other hormones resulting in imbalance. To acheieve homeostasis (or the best balance), coconut oil uses these medium chain acids to lower cortisol. In turn thyroid and adrenal glands fond their task easier and can focus on other areas, it also reduces inflammation caused by some female type hormones creating the perfect environment on homeostasis.
- Digestive support: ever heard of healing your leaky gut? Well daily consumption can regulate your bowels, attack bad bacteria, be absorbed and burn off easily and help control parasites.
- Diabetes: as it is easily absorbed and reduces bad cholesterol, coconut oil stabilises blood sugar levels, essential in those of us that have type 2 diabetes in their family line. Prevention before cure.
- Heart disease: lowering cholesterol, stable fuel and lowering blood presure removes pressur put on the heart by the body in it’s attempt to supply tour body with blood.
Where can you get it?
The simple answer everywhere! It has be highlighted by scientists, health professionals and ancient folklore ove centuries and so can be found in most suspermarkets! The reason we maybe have overlooked it is simply that we don’t know why it’s super, welll now you do go and invest in your health!
Balance is looking at your finanaces and seeing how much more time needs investig in that area; it is also looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing how much time needs investing there; it is also looking at your personal and professional relationships and being brutal enough to see what work needs doing there. This article will attack your health and wellbeing, the rest can only be up to you … Unless you’re that guy on Dragon’s Den who just got his finances injected by coconut oil too! Good on him!